Terms Of Service
Terms of Service
We (the folks at Hutterites.org) run an informational website, blog, events manager, and blog.
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Hutterites.org, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms.
Your Blog Account and Site. If you are given the opportunity to blog on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Hutterites.org may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Hutterites.org liability. You must immediately notify Hutterites.org of any unauthorized uses of your blog, your account or any other breaches of security. Hutterites.org will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors.If you contribute to a blog, comment on a blog, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content.
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your blog is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your blog is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company.
Further we expect that:
- Bloggers are to be Hutterites in good standing with the Hutterian Church;
- Blog posts should not be political or highly controversial;
- Blog posts should speak to the greater Hutterite ideals;
- Blog posts shouldn’t deal exclusively with the individual, but rather speak to the greater Hutterite community. (e.g. less “I” and more “we”);
- Bloggers should consider the audience and post only appropriate material which fits the goal of the site;
- Administrators retain the right to edit or modify blog posts and comments;
- We reserve the right to modify or delete outside endorsements or links.
By submitting Content to Hutterites.org for inclusion, you grant Hutterites.org a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your blog. If you delete Content, Hutterites.org will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Hutterites.org has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Hutterites.org’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Hutterites.org’s reasonable opinion, violates any Hutterites.org policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Hutterites.org’s sole discretion.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. Hutterites.org has not reviewed all of the material posted to the blog and other user-generated content and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Hutterites.org does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. The Website may contain content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Hutterites.org disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. By linking to another website or webpage, Hutterites.org does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Hutterites.org disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As Hutterites.org asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by the website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify Hutterites.org. Hutterites.org will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. Hutterites.org will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of Hutterites.org or others.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from Hutterites.org to you any Hutterites.org or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Hutterites.org. Hutterites.org, logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Hutterites.org or Hutterites.org’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Hutterites.org or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. Hutterites.org reserves the right to display advertisements on user-created content such as blogs.
- Changes. Hutterites.org reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Hutterites.org may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Termination. Hutterites.org may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement, you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. Hutterites.org and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Hutterites.org nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will Hutterites.org, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Hutterites.org, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
March 17, 2012: Creation and Modification of Terms of Service.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.5 Generic License. Thanks to automattic.com for making their Terms of Service available to copy, modifiy and use.